Featured Posts

So Long Sweet Summer

Summer is almost over. Couple of weeks from now, it's back to school again. Yeah? I'm still not coming back to school until further notice. Basically, I haven't heard any feedback from DOST main office after I sent them an explanation letter last March 25. Anyways, I am not gonna talk about school stuffs here. I am just going to write a summary about everything that happened since my last update. Where do I begin? Alright, that so typical. I'll just recall the events that happened few weeks ago. (entering time machine)

April 2, 2010 - Good Friday. I together with some folks (chuvie, aice, noren, suy, mon, and carlo), went to Tabor Hills, Talamban, Cebu City after our shift and had our way of the cross there. It was Good Friday and the weather is too hot, yet twas the least I could do during the season, just a bit of sacrifice for couple of hours. It was fun we all enjoyed it I believe.

Trivia: Tabor Hillsis also known as Holy Hill. A 33-meter-high “millennium cross” stands tall at the top of this hill in Talamban. “The cross is 33 meters high, signifying the age of Jesus. With its blue light, it can be seen from far away — from the airport or from the boats (referring to the ones in the Mactan Channel).

April 24-25 - CBSI & Tsinelas Computer Literacy Program. The same date of our team building at Camotes Island, Cebu, buat since I was alredy committed for the CBSI & Tsinelas Computer Literacy Program, basically I have to keep my words to my co-bloggers. I mean it, there was a dilemma when our team leader informed us about the tentative dates of our team building, I crossed fingers hoping that the dates will be moved, but it wasn't.
Fourteen CBS volunteers (Miong, Clado, Guada, Zyza, Will, Lemski, Aj, Reynold, Mark, Jerry, Mikyu, Agnes, Melith and yours truly) went to Lut-od High School in Pinamungajan, Cebu together with the Tsinelas staffs. The place really is remote, but regardless of that, we all still enjoyed teaching those selected students from the school. Yes, they are all first timer to have a hands on activity with computer basics. It such a nice feeling knowing that at the end of the 2 day program, hey learned something, even just a bit of what you have discussed and taught to them.


The outreach program was made possible by Tsinelas Association and Cebu Bloggers Society, Inc. together with the major and minor sponsors Hidden Valley Mountain Resort, Timex, Atty. Ethelbert Ouano, Michael Sinjin Pineda, Guada Concepcion EsmeƱa, Jun Rey Parajes, Ruben Rallos, Jan Mckingley Hilado, Mark Gallardo, Mark Alessandrew Abitona, Debbie Rojonan, Galleca Baylon.

The experience really was unforgettable. Just imagine yourself doing simple things to others w/c made them smile. Such a very heart warming feeling.
Photo by mikyu

April 30:

  • Big Bro's birthday: It has been a while since my brother celebrated his birthday with us. if I'm not mistaken, the last time was 1996, just before he left Cebu to study college in Manila. It was like a long time ago. I was so glad he went home this year with his family and stayed for couple of days!
  • The American Idol Pizza from Greenwich: I left from home early in the afternoon on the same day for the event. I traveled couple of hours from home to SM City Cebu, where the event was held. I arrived at exactly 7PM in my watch at the venue. We (the Cebu Bloggers) ate the American Idol Pizza from Greenwich.
Trivia: It contains 7 favorite American toppings: bacon, beef burger, bratwurst sausage, onions, green bell peppers, mushrooms, and crunchy shoestring potatoes.


May 1 - Cebu Bloggers General Assembly and Election of Officers: As mentioned in my previous post, we had our general assembly and election of officers at Parkmall. Below are the new set of officers effective May 1, 2010 to May 1, 2011.

BOARD OF TRUSTEES

  • Abitona, Mark Alessandrew
  • Gervacio, Jerry
  • Gilig, Prince Ryan
  • Go, Vernon
  • Jimenez, Agnes E.
  • Licera, Ruben
  • Maglasang, Michelle Louise S.
  • Mongado, Clarence Andrew F.
  • Monta, Deutche Atil Mark M.
  • Pineda, Michael Sinjin A.
  • Ponio, Jorich
  • Sarawi, Wilhelmina
  • Tampus, Gerrymie
  • Yuson, Bryan Karl M.
  • VACANT

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
President - Vernon, Go
VP-Membership - Clarence Andrew Mongado
VP-Content - Michelle Louise Maglasang
VP-Marketing - Michael Sinjin Pineda
VP-Ways and Means - Mark Monta
VP-Education - Jerry Gervacio
VP-Corporate Affairs - Agnes Jimenez
Secretary - Wilhelmina Sarawi
Treasurer - Bryan Karl Yuson
Auditor - Jorich Ponio
Special Projects
- Mark Alessandrew Abitona
- Ruben Licera
- Prince Ryan Gilig
- Gerrymie Tampus
Ombudsman/Legal Counsel - Atty. Ethelbert B. Ouano

May 2 - World Bloggers' Day Celebration : Cebu Bloggers Society in cooperation with Parkmall Cebu celebrated the 1st ever World Bloggers' Day.


Wow! This post is really really long, as I would say. To the best of my knowledge, and with the help of my short term memory (bwahaha), I was able to recall the things that happened this summer!

May 16 - 1and1 Summer Outing at Cordova Reef
I won't be writing so much details about our summer outing, but I would say it was fun, the games somehow entertained everyone and the prizes were all great, unfortunately I didn't win the raffle (hahaha).

Below are two of the great photos of my teams that I captured during the event.

My new team mates: Fasthosts - these guys are great!


My previous team: RELOADED - they're wonderful too.

So Long Sweet Summer!


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

6 comments: on "So Long Sweet Summer"

Unknown said...

I'm really happy that the outreach program was a success. Cheers to CBSI! :)

Unknown said...

@Noi: yeah! Lingaw jud kaau ba! Looking forward to the next outreach program!

The Rookie Blogger said...

grabeh ka busy dah... humana man sad...

Unknown said...

@Rookie: lagi, grabe ka busy karong summer.. hehe.. naa pa gani ni sumpay.. hehe.. ^_^ ako lang e lain ug post kay medjoy spexal man hehe

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, cheers to Jorj!

Unknown said...

@Anonymous: thanks for dropping by, I wonder who you are? I am pretty sure you're my colleague, because you call me Jorj... ^^,

Post a Comment