Featured Posts

Weekend in Bogo City



June 19, 2010 Saturday we had an awesome trip to northern Cebu - Bogo City and explored Capitancillo Islet, visited the Shrine of Our Lady of Miraculous Medal and Sr. San Vicente Parish Church.


It was my rest day, my shift ended 1am and I slept for couple of hours. Around 6am, Tintin (who had her shift ended at 5am) and I met at the ground floor of i2 Bldg. e had our breakfast at KFC's together with her colleague Lea. And btw, I bought pancake from Jollibee :D. After we ate breakfast, her colleague left for duty and in few minutes, Acel arrived. We had a bit of chitchats while waiting for their other friend. It was almost 7.30AM when their friend Brian fetched us near Waterfront via a cab. The 4 of us headed straight to North Bus Terminal and went together to Bogo City via Rough Rider Bus.

On the first hour of the trip, I took a power nap. I woke up when the bus had its first stop at Catmon (if I am not mistaken). It was almost 11AM when we reached our destination - Bogo City. We went straight at Aye's house (the host) where I also met their other friend Anne.

Moving on, everyone prepared, changed clothes, left our things there and only brought what we really need in the island, of course we brought foods and drinks there too. The 6 of us (Acel, Anne, Aye, Brian, Tintin and yours truly) went together to Capitancillo Islet around 1pm on board w/ a pump boat (btw, it was my first time to ride a pump boat, hahah and I enjoyed the ride).

Below are some of the shots at the Islet.



capitancillo islet, bogo city

When we arrived, we first had our brunch. After which, we explored the islet, took some photos, camwhoring and the likes. The islet as I would say, is very clean, peaceful and attractive. Around 4Pm we left the the place and headed back to the mainland of Bogo City.

On the next morning, Sunday June 20, we decided to go to the Shrine of Our Lady of Miraculous Medal and to their parish church San Vicente Ferrer.


Shrine of Our Lady of Miraculous Medal: 163 steps from the foot of the stairs before you can reach the Shrine.


San Vicente Ferrer Parish Church: Established as a parish on May 31, 1850. Its old church, located near the town plaza, was described as having walls of tabique pampango, posts of wood, and a roof of thatch cogon.

After we visited the church, we bought lechon manok and went back to the house where we had our lunch. Then we took some rest again and packed our things. We left Bogo City almost 3PM via Ceres bus.

Here's a very short video clip I made. Apologies, the quality is not very good. I just made it one fine morning when I woke up and got no Internet connection and so I decided to make use of the time by making a short video clip.



More photos at my FB album Weekend in Bogo City



Thoughts: the experience was really uber fun. I didn't realize until that day that I haven't had much fun last summer. Thanks to Acel, Ayee, Anne, and Brian for being so accommodating and friendly though it was my first time meeting you folks - You guys rock! Likewise to Tintin and for letting me join the group. Until then. :)


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

2 comments: on "Weekend in Bogo City"

fetus said...

wa pa jud ko kaligo diri sa bogo da...

Unknown said...

@fetus: yays first time pd nako dd2! nndot kaau tong islet!

Post a Comment