Featured Posts

Weekend in Ilo-ilo City

As planned, I went to Ilo-ilo City last weekend - November 27, Saturday until the morning of November 29, Monday.   First impression: "A Stress-Free City". No traffic at all. Smooth ride from Ilo-ilo International Airport to the heart of the city.

I left Cebu around 5.40PM on board with Cebu Pacific Flight No. 5J 170.  It was my 2nd time to fly alone. No friends, no relatives, just myself. (First solo flight was last year when I joined iBlog 5 at UP Diliman).
Ilo-Ilo International Airport

I arrived at Ilo-ilo Int'l Airport around 6.30PM, it was quick. The airport is not that big, just enough to accommodate passengers going in and out in the city. I rode a shuttle van bound for SM City and headed to The Avenue, Smallville and attended the Philippine Blog Awards Visayas 2010 awarding ceremony.


Alright  I wasn't late during the event.  When I arrived at The Venue they haven't started yet. We had dinner first then the awarding followed. Met our common blogger friends from Luzon, Visayas as well as Mindanao.   

  • Best culture and arts blog: Michael’s Shades of Blue
  •  Best food and beverage blog: Flavours of Iloilo
  • Best lifestyle blog: Ilonggos.net
  •  Best photo blog: Gerry Ruiz
  • Best tech blog: Tech Source
  • Best personal blog: The Rookie Blogger
  •  Best travel blog: Ambot-ah
Congratulations everyone!

After the awarding Edcel, Sheena (The Wandering Couple), Clado and I went to Ongbun Pension House, where we stayed over the weekend.  Edcel and Sheena were left in our room, while Clado and I were at the lobby of Ongbun. He was doing his online tasks while I was busy browsing facebook, twitter, checking emails and the etc. The night was a bit dull, I missed Cebu (I think?). The music of the place was classic (yes I love classic songs), but I was uhmm not in the mood to listen classics songs that night because I just don't feel like listening for it makes me feel more sick.  Newies, it was around 3AM when we went offline and  the guard on duty fell asleep. No matter how noisy we were - he didn't even bother to wake up. He must be tired.  Hahaha!

It was a gloomy Sunday. And I haven't had a good  and enough sleep. I think I really was not sleeping at all.  The 4 of us just walked from Ongbun Pension (from near Quezon-Ledesma Street) to Museo Iloilo (Bonifacio Drive, City Proper) and yet we reached the meeting place.  

Museo Ilo-Ilo

The destinations:
San Joaquin Church

San Joaquin Cemetery

Miagao Church

Then we had  Lunch at Villa Beach (Tatoy’s Manokan and Seafood). Sorry no photos available, I was very hungry and forgot to take a picture of the place. After our lunch we headed to Molo Church and Plaza.


Molo Church (like the structure much so gothic)
After Molo Church, we then went to Robinsons and bought some delicacies and headed back to the place.

Bischoco  (all time fave)
I accompanied Clado to the airport since he asked. On our way to the airport - I see more beautiful sceneries all the way down to the airport. I was also able to take a sunset view from Ilo-ilo Airport as well.


Sunset view at Ilo-Ilo International Airport

At SM City Ilo-ilo:
I went straight to SM City from the airport and informed the wandering couple to come over and so they did. Sheena asked my free 30 minute fish foot spa coupon at Tigbao's (given by MJ) and so I gave it with her as if I had a choice, she already had it with her. Edcel also accompanied Sheena  and I was waiting for them at the lounge for 30 minutes (I got bored xD). Newies, it was fine for me, I don't wanna try the fish foot spa thing (hahaha -crazy me).  After we roamed around SM City, we decided to eat dinner at Ted's Batchoy - it was already 9PM.


The Search for Ted's Batchoy




ILOve-ILOve City is awesome as I would say.  I had a nice weekend there!

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

3 comments: on "Weekend in Ilo-ilo City"

doris said...

I am still searching for Ted's Batchoy...hehe. since this is hanging. hehe ^^

Mary Jane said...

yey thanks for loving Iloilo jorj! maayu ky nag-enjoy ka man diri. :)

Febbe said...

oh wow! niiiice kulot. ^_^ suya ko da..

Post a Comment