Featured Posts

Sunday at the Family Park

It was December 12, 2010. The weather was fair. No rain, but was a bit cloudy in the morning, yet the sun was still shining all day (Thank you Lord for the nice weather). I left home around 9:00AM to hear mass.  Bought paper plates, disposable spoons and glass. Then I realized all my pants and shorts are still at the laundry shop. And so I decided to buy a new pair of shorts. I bought the one on sale at Colours. I totally forgot my waistline, and I ended up buying a short pair of shorts (hahaha - well Colours' sizes are a bit shorter than any other shorts).  Then  I went home after, prepared my stuffs and went to Family Park.

There I saw my classmate Meshiel Dacuma, standing at the entrance of Family Park. She brought  2 boxes of cakes. The 2 of us waited for the others. Then Wilma Cavalida arrived and brought 2 roasted chicken from Choks. Cyrus Teleron and Rodrigo Baritua suddenly appeared. Oppps surprised - they were the first 2 who came at the Family Park. They were there since 9AM as they said.  We were chatting and laughing when we saw Maricor Cabras - I think she didn't notice us, or maybe she no longer recognized me - it's been more than 10 years since I last saw her (we were still in grade 5, way back 1998).  Then Jonathan Gacang (my best friend since grade 3) arrived next. He brought "puto pao" from Aloguinsan.

The 7 of us went together to find a nice location inside the Family Park where we can stay for the rest of the afternoon. On our way to the hill, we saw kids (they're somehow yagit) hanging around at the side walk. Thus we decided to give each of them a piece of "puto pao".  The kids were grateful - wow they know how to say thank you. Then we continued walking - the place was not that crowded, yet most of the shed were occupied. Needless to say - it was Sunday / Family Day. We found an avenue to stay at 100 pesos. Guess everyone was hungry that time? Or maybe just excited to taste the puto pao just like me self.

We then started chatting, telling jokes and reminisce our childhood memories. Everyone was teasing each other - thus throwing corny jokes and etc.  Then Lemuel Mabano arrived, he is Meshiel's cousin and our classmate since grade 1 to grade 3. He still remember we had a fight way back then, but I  forgot such memory - maybe because I don't keep bad memories as much as possible or maybe I just forgot such incident.  Moving on, Arniel Navaja followed by Roldan Sumalinog arrived around 3PM.  Roldan went undertime from work just to join us. Then Sacarias Rabanes and Catherine Cabatuan with their friend also arrived few minutes later. In the last hour around 4PM, Judith Seguisabal de la Rosa and Cresilda Ardiente arrived. So with out further adieu, we  let them eat the foods we brought and then took   family pictures!

The cam-whoring session and stolen shots:





More photos here

Who would have thought that after all we still find time to meet and have some of fun even just a short span of time! It was indeed a memory worth remembering and worth keeping. We can still can still call ourselves young, young at heart because whenever we have gathering -  memories we had during elementary year would really come back.  For the first time in the long time, even if we were few - we still managed to enjoy our mini reunion as we call it. At the same time celebrating my best friend's birthday.  Looking forward for another gathering! Next time it should be blast!


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Sunday at the Family Park"

Post a Comment